Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fallout: New Vegas (or is that Failout?)

So it's come to this, Alex and I spend way more time playing games than we do writing about games that much is very certain.  We've both been playing Fallout: New Vegas...well to be fair, I've played for about 25 minutes.  Alex on the other hand has put the game through the ringer since getting it Tuesday this week. 

Therein lies the problem.  The game is seriously buggy!  Currently he's well over 25 hours in and for some reason all of his save files are now corrupted.  He can't load a single one due to a downloaded content issue.  Needless to say he's a tad crestfallen (read that as seriously pissed off) that he's invested a lot of time into a game and he realizes he might have to start over.  In fact he just stomped upstairs to do just that :(

Sadly it's ruined our faith in Bethesda and Obsidian to produce a playable product.  Sadder still we bought two copies so we could both play independently and not have to worry about setting up a sharing schedule so we're out over $150 (one of our copies was a collectors copy).  I've followed the Fallout line since the beginning, matter of fact I still have my original Fallout and Fallout 2 PC disks, not to mention Fallout Tactics, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, and three copies of Fallout 3. 

I can't bring myself to get attached to this brave new world given the problems he's had (apparently according to internet forums he's not alone).  And I so desperately wanted to jump in next week once I had some time in my evening schedule after work.  Now it looks as if I will just study towards my upcoming CISM exam instead.

Regrettably at this time we can't even begin to recommend this game!  It's been years in the making and it's using practically the same game engine as Fallout: 3, how the development team can't seem to get their act together is beyond me.  Most anticipated game of 2010? Perhaps.  Biggest #fail game of 2010? Certainly!

No comments:

Post a Comment